Startup Sponsorship 2018 Won by DAPact
The Outpost Startup Sponsorship, a competition held to find a high potential, early-stage startup based in the Kingdom of Cambodia, has been won by local blockchain startup DApact. After reviewing a strong field of entries, the competition team also decided to award a runner-up spot to KHhits, a music database startup.
“The strength and inventiveness of the entries is testament to the enthusiasm and dynamism of the Phnom Penh nascent startup scene. We see tremendous potential in DApact. We’re honoured to provide them a nurturing environment to grow. We’re dedicated to supporting the entrepreneurial spirit in the Kingdom as we have done in other locales,” said Outpost’s co-founder, Bryan Stewart.
“There is a real positive entrepreneurial spirit in Cambodia, and we are delighted that events like the Outpost Startup Sponsorship exist to support young talented entrepreneurs and put them in the spotlight. The competition has been tough, but we feel like the winners stand out by their creativity and the quality of the products they are offering. We are positive they will grow and flourish within Outpost's facilities," said Roman Di Geronimo of Geeks In Cambodia.
- Dedicated team desks (up to six people) at Outpost Cambodia
- 24/7 access to our leafy, comfortable coworking space and social hub
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Team lockers (total of 3)
- Connection to the Outpost Cambodia neighbourhood of global coworkers, entreprenuers and creative
- Access to all Outpost Cambodia events, workshops and expert panels
- Four specialised consultations with Outpost's team of global experts to assist your startup
- Exposure on Outpost's digital and social media channels.
How to Apply
Submit a proposal as a Word, PPT or PDF format addressing the following points, in English:
- Company name
- Number of employees
- Vision (no more than 3 sentences/a small paragraph)
- Key objectives OR development plans for the next six months (no more than 5 short bullet points)
- In 25 words or less please tell us why your startup deserves to win.
"Best coworking space I’ve ever worked in. The space is amazing (3+ levels with lots of different types of work environments) and the staff is so helpful and lovely. The views from the balconies and rooftop are awesome and there is food services available inside the coworking space when you need it.
The business center on the 5th floor is great if you want to buckle down in a quiet environment for several hours. The 6th floor social area is awesome if you are, like me, someone who likes to work with their feet up. ... The staff are friendly and always available.
— SPENCER JENTZSCH
My favourite co-working space in Phnom Penh. Multiple floors with office space, a giant living room, great views, and 24/7 access.
— PIM ROES
Fastest wifi I have experienced in town, Unlimited coffee and tea (Coffee is bloody great!). Comfortable, spacious and cozy area for you to work at the living room. In addition to that, There’s also meeting rooms, skype rooms, seminar rooms and plenty of office space around. Also, good amount of natural light and greens surrounding 360°. There’s also xbox, pool table, guitar, piano etc.. for members to play.͟
— KAYNEN TOH
Terms and Conditions
- Open to both local and foreign startups registered and based in The Kingdom of Cambodia. The company must have either had no incubator assistance or have been in business for less than 12 months from 1st Nov 2017.
- Competition dates: Jan 2–Jan 22 at 11.59pm.
- Submissions are to be in digital format as a Word, PPT or PDF format. All entries must be sent to email@example.com by Jan 22 at 11.59pm. Entries received after this date will not be accepted.
- All the above entry criteria must be submitted to be a valid entry.
- All entry submissions must be in English in either Word, PPT or PDF format.
- The prize is valid from 1st Feb 2018 until 30th July 2018 inclusive.
- The value of the prize is $2700 USD for 6 unlimited monthly memberships at a dedicated desk for 6 employees. Prize cannot be taken as cash and cannot be transferred to another person or business entity.
- 6 x Memberships include the standard benefits of an unlimited monthly membership see here for more information https://www.thegreenpenthouse.com/
- If the team is larger or expands during the time of the sponsorship you will be offered additional memberships at Outposts discounted launch rate. To be agreed with Outpost Cambodia management.
- Outpost has the right to cancel or terminate the sponsorship at any time if the sponsored party violates Outpost’s standard terms and conditions. These will be shared with the winner before the prize is awarded and a contract will be signed by both parties.
- Judging panel will be made up of executives from Outpost and Geeks in Cambodia and the Judge’s decision is final and cannot be entered into.
- Winner will be announced via social media on January 29th 2018.
Established in Bali in 2016, Outpost is a network collaborative, productive coworking and coliving neighborhoods based in idyllic, culturally-rich locations. Outposts empowers individuals, groups and teams to design their ideal lifestyle.
Geeks In Cambodia
Geeks In Cambodia (GIC) is the first online media news platform in Cambodia that is 100% dedicated to focusing on startups and new technologies. The platform features daily content pertaining to technology, mobile trends, digital trends, social media, and startups. With local, regional and international content being dished out daily, GIC draws unique and dedicated readers to learn more about the ins-and-outs of the startup and tech ecosystem in the Kingdom. Read more at http://geeksincambodia.com.
Created by Geeks In Cambodia (GIC), Startup Cambodia is an online, interactive and collaborative platform that aims to provide easy and free access to accurate, up-to-date and valuable information, as well as data, in regards to the startup ecosystem in Cambodia. The platform covers 3 different objectives – Connecting, Supporting and Informing all the relevant players in the ecosystem. Visit https://www.startup-cambodia.com to learn more.